Postal services differ around the world, sometimes Google My Business Verification Postcard arrive late, or never arrive at the business address at all.
Note: Please don’t think this is a way to circumnavigate postal verification.
- You must have ordered the verification
- It has to have been longer then 2 weeks since requesting verification postcard
- You will still need to verify the business address and its existence
Steps to Take when Verification Postcard has not arrived
You can contact Google business support ( https://support.google.com/business/gethelp ) or via your business profile dashboard.
How to Contact Google Business Support
- Log into Google Business Dashboard: https://business.google.com/locations
- Select local listing: Code Requested
- Last Tab in Left Hand Navigation: Support
- Pop Up: Search Postcard
- Scroll to Bottom of Pop Up
- Select Contact
- Select Business Profile – complete form
Select Business Profile
You will see “Code Requested” being displayed next to the business profile. If you don’t see this you may have not actually requested to verify, go to Info panel and see if code was requested.
At the bottom of the left hand navigation, select support.
A pop up will appear, search postcard not arrived.
Skip all the help articles and scroll to the bottom of the help pop up.
Select Contact us.
Once you have selected contact us follow the steps, selecting business profile and information requested and submit.
Help Support, Help You
The reason a postcard is used to verify the business, is to verify that the business exists at that address.
Have some images of the business ready:
- Street View images showing business and signage from different angles.
- If you are an SAB, have images of stationary, uniforms, work van signage etc
- Ideally also have utility bill, insurance or business registration (country dependant)
This will help support quickly establish the legitimacy of the business and help get you verified quicker.
Online Ownership provides Google business troubleshooting if you are getting bogged down in getting your business verified.