Local Service Ads (LSA) is now available for UK and some of Europe to Sign Up to the program.
That escalated quickly, or rather Local Service Ads did. Three days after my Local Service Ads coming to the UK post they have opened up the sign up form.
Sign Up Open To LSA
- United Kingdom
- Appliance repair services
- Carpet cleaning services
- Cleaning services
- Garage door services
- HVAC (heating or air conditioning)
- Junk removal services
- Lawn care services
- Pest control services
- Tree services
- Water damage services
- Window cleaning services
- Window repair services
Recap on Local Service Ads
Local Service Ads are a separate Ad Unit that appears above the local pack, listing service area businesses that are Guaranteed by Google to a certain level.
Local Service Ads are a pay-per-lead (not per click). The businesses is vetted before being allowed into the LSA program.
- United Kingdom – GBP £1,500
- Spain – EUR €1,500
- Netherlands – EUR €1,500
- Switzerland – CHF ₣2,000
If you’re backed by the Google Guarantee, and your customers (that came to your business through Google) aren’t satisfied with work quality, Google may refund the amount paid for the service. The following are the upper limits of lifetime coverage for claims.
- The Google Guarantee covers claims up to the amount on the job invoice up to the lifetime cap for coverage.
- Services must be booked through Local Services Ads. The Google Guarantee doesn’t cover add-on or future projects, damages to property, dissatisfaction with price or provider responsiveness, or cancellations.
The current documentation has not had UK added to it yet with the Sign Up form being opened.
In the 2018 documentation they listed Onifido Ltd as the company that would conduct company and employee background checks.
But with a Google Guarantee on the line, there will certainly be vetting involved like:
- Business Checks – I assume this would also involve credit checks in the UK
- Owner and Service Employees Criminal Record (CRB) checks
- Liability & Business Insurance
One thought is that they might increase the partner affiliate programme to ease onboarding and vetting. Off the top of my head they may partner with Check A Trade for example.
The Benefits of LSA
- The top of Google Search Result
- Connect with potential customers who are searching for services you provide and are most likely to book
- Make use of simple tools to help you get started and create a personalised profile
- Bright & shiny Google Guarantee badge
- You only hear from customers who have specifically selected your profile out of all the rest
What To Do Now
Sign Up – You will most likely be provided with some steps (please send me details)
I am guessing they still need to get Verification systems in place for each country and possibly building up affiliate partners to handle onboarding.
Get your business and company details in order – they will be checked.
Speak to us about a Google My Business Consultation if you are unsure about how you have set up your Service Area Business listing/s.