The new Google My Business insights are next to useless unless you export the data, or you have the patience of a Saint and like tracing graph outlines with your cursor. I would recommend that all businesses get to grips in exporting the data, for any potential insight into your business pages performance.
Currently the new Insights for Google business pages does not support an export feature ( neither did the old insights ), so manual exporting remains for the time being.
New Google My Business Insights
Insights consists of five sections, each of which gives you a different way to understand how customers interact with your listing:
- How customers find your listing
- Where customers find you on Google
- Customer actions
- Driving directions requests
- Phone calls
How to Export Google Business Insights
To export your insights data manually. Open your insights in a new tab and a spread sheet in another tab. You are going to copy all the content on the Insights page and past into spread sheet:
- Ctrl + A
- Ctrl + C
- Paste to Excel >> Text or Values Only
You will need to tidy up the data as this method copies all page information, see sheet 2 in the spreadsheet as an example of monthly reporting.
Features I would like to see in future updates:
- Splitting of search data: Local Pack vs Knowledge Panel
- Splitting of maps data: Search Terms, Location
- Splitting of photo data: Search, Street View, Other
- Export feature