As a business you may at some point require a local SEO service, this may be for one of several reasons, from:
- Website not performing in search as expected.
- Website not ranking within local search verticals
- You want to increase your location / service search results
- Manual penalty audit and recovery
- Site Audit for in house or agency compliance.
So how does a business separate the wheat from the chaff. Naturally I would say come to Online Ownership but there are tons of great SEO consultants out there, but equally bad ones that can cause untold damage if let loose on your business.
How to Choose a Local SEO Service or Consultant
The first rule is, “If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is”. Then undertake some basic due diligence before you decide.
1. A Good Reputation.
One of the first things you should look for in a local SEO provider is a good reputation. The companies that consistently receive favourable feedback from customers will typically provide you with the customised, cutting edge services you’re looking for. One great way to determine whether an SEO firm has a good reputation is by reading online reviews left by its customers. Don’t be afraid to ask for references that you can contact.
2. Comprehensive Services.
In addition to seeking a good reputation, business owners should look for a service that offers a range of services. Doing so helps ensure that you will not have to work with multiple marketing services to attain all of the online services you need. Make sure that they can offer both SEO services and other forms of online marketing. Some of the tools and techniques offered by digital firms include:
- Ad Words
- E Marketing
- Content marketing
- Social media optimisation
- Web design and development
You may not need these but it helps to understand how competent an SEO provider is.
3. A Cutting Edge Approach.
The world changes with lightning speed, and that’s why it’s important to select a SEO company that utilises a cutting edge approach to the work they do. SEO firms that remain up to date regarding things like contemporary cultural consciousness and industry trends are more likely to develop marketing strategies that will afford the business owner a well rounded campaign.
Online Ownership’s local SEO specialist is recognised as a Google My Business Product Experts
4. A Customer-Centred Outlook.
When you start your search for the ideal SEO company, make sure that they possess a customer-centred outlook. This strategy is important because it ensures that the firm you work with will pay attention to your unique needs and goals. Companies who respect the vision and values of the customers they serve are much more likely to attain 100% client satisfaction. Visit them and meet in person to get a feel for their business and attention to you.
5. Affordable Prices.
One final characteristic you should look for in an SEO firm is affordable prices. Most business owners are on a budget, meaning that they probably don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for search engine optimisation services. Conduct comparison searches or quotes.
An SEO service for £ 99.00 is not really going to cut the mustard, would you trust a solicitor to represent you for that amount.
Questions You Should Be Asked by the SEO Service
One of the ways to determine whether an SEO company will offer you quality services is considering whether they ask you detailed questions that demonstrate their commitment to providing you customised services.
Some of the questions that the SEO provider should be asking you include:
- Outside of SEO, what advertising methodologies are you using to optimise the brand recognition process?
- Do you run any other websites or URL’s? If so, how long have they been in existence?
- Can we view your Google Analytics account and Google search console?
- What return on investment do you expect to attain from this SEO campaign?
- Do you utilise pay-per-click services?
- Have you utilised any SEO services before?
- Do you utilise a Content Management System and can we have access?
- Who are your major competitors in the offline and online worlds?
- Which keywords do you want your website to be found under?
Take the time to find the SEO service that suits your business and personality.